Re: Major upgrade of PostgreSQL and MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Major upgrade of PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Patrick Dung wrote on 12.09.2013 18:11:
> For PostgreSQL, it seems I can't find the list (it just say see the
> Appendix E / release notes). I think it is a plus for PostgreSQL if
> it has few incompatibilities between major versions.

There is such a list in the release notes:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/release-9-3.html#AEN114132

    Version 9.3 contains a number of changes that may affect compatibility with previous releases.
    Observe the following incompatibilities:

And I think that section has been there for every major release (sometimes even for minor releases).