Re: check for overlapping time intervals - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Wolfgang Meiners
Subject Re: check for overlapping time intervals
Date
List pgsql-sql
Am 22.04.13 12:36, schrieb Thomas Kellerer:
> Wolfgang Meiners, 22.04.2013 12:19:
>> Is there a simpler way to check for overlapping timeintervals? I ask
>> this question, because i have more similar tables with similar layout
>> and would have to write similar functions again and again.
>
> Do you have the possibility to upgrade to 9.2?
>
> The range types introduced with 9.2 seem to be *exactly* what you need.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

after looking a bit i found you are right. There may be some hacks to do
it without range types, but with range types it is straigt forward to
implement. I am not quite happy to upgrade to 9.2 because i just got
everything running fine on 9.1. But i think, i will do it this way.
Thank you for your help.

Wolfgang