Re: Reduce per tuple overhead (bitmap) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Manfred Koizar
Subject Re: Reduce per tuple overhead (bitmap)
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:23:46 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>I assume this will be safe for 7.3 using 7.2 files via pg_upgrade
>because those old 7.2 files will just have the longer length, right?

Bruce,

yes, I think so.  And Tom Lane also seems to think so, as he has
already changed htup.h in the spirit of my patch.  So there's no need
to apply it anymore.

FYI, I'm running 7.2.1 with this patch (and with the HtupAccess patch)
in real world applications.  No problems so far ...

Thanks.
Servus
 Manfred