Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation X - Mailing list pgsql-general

From raghavendra t
Subject Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation X
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Justin,

Thank you for your reply..

In the future please  don't cross post to multiple lists.

Appoligies for it...

Regards
Raghavendra

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM, justin@magwerks.com <justin@magwerks.com> wrote:

Because You dropped/deleted the table cache in Session A.

The simplest way to look at it is  Session B was lock out when the Drop table command was issued from Session A.  Now when session B finally got its chance to drop/delete the table it was already gone .

What kind error were you expecting from Postgresql to Return when it can't find the table???

In the future please  don't cross post to multiple lists.

---- Message from raghavendra t <raagavendra.rao@gmail.com> at 04-03-2010 10:08:11 PM ------

step 6 - Issue the commit in Session A

postgres=# commit;

Step -7 now we can the see the error in the session B

ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation X
Could plese tell me, why this is generated and what is the cause.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Raghavendra
All legitimate Magwerks Corporation quotations are sent in a .PDF file attachment with a unique ID number generated by our proprietary quotation system. Quotations received via any other form of communication will not be honored.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, may contain legally privileged, confidential or other information proprietary to Magwerks Corporation and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it addresses. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any unauthorized viewing, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy all occurrences of this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.