Re: [HACKERS] Index creation takes for ever - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Manfred Koizar
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Index creation takes for ever
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:43:42 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>I assume this completes this TODO:
>
>    * Order duplicate index entries by tid for faster heap lookups

I don't think so, because the patch does nothing to keep the sort
order once the index is initially created.

> If you want to post it now, [...]

I did already post it.  It's only the last page or so of the original
message.  The link in that message points to a testing aid which is
not part of what I would like to see committed.

Servus
 Manfred