Re: Upgrade to 9 questions - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Upgrade to 9 questions
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote on 01.10.2010 21:46:
> Aside from metadata changes, the key change that needs a new JDBC
> driver for a 9.0 server is the format of bytea data. You need to use
> the new JDBC driver or to adjust your server settings to return bytea
> data in the old format or you will silently get corrupt data.

I'm currently sticking to the 8.4 driver, as with the 9.0 driver, DatabaseMetaData.getIndexInfo() throws an exception
asit uses a SQL statement that is incompatible with PG 9.0 (I reported that about a week ago here on the list)

Regards
Thomas