Re: Dragging and dropping tables between databases - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jasen Betts
Subject Re: Dragging and dropping tables between databases
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 2010-06-03, John Gage <jsmgage@numericable.fr> wrote:
> Okay, maybe not that simple, but is there a way to transfer a table
> easily between two databases?

You mean like a one-off copy?

> The easiest way I can think of is to back-up the table in an sql file
> and then run the sql file in the other database.  Is that the easiest?

pretty-much  pg-dump has other non-sql formats  but at the end of the
day dumping to SQL (and compressing with something if there's a
significant physical distance to cover) is about as good as it gets.

But if you want a read-only copy that's kept mostly up-to-date there are
other solutions.