Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Why Performance of SQL Query is *much* Slower in GUI PgAdmin
Date
List pgsql-general
Yan Cheng CHEOK, 17.05.2010 03:21:
> Recently, I try to introduce my friend to use PostgreSQL.
>
> However, he first impression is that. PostgreSQL is much slower
> compared to MySQL. He realize he has to wait for 7 seconds, to create
> a tmp database.

Why on earth would anybody compare database performance using a command that is usually executed only once in the
lifetimeof a database?

It's like saying "The car from manufacturer A is slower than the one from manufacturer B, because it takes 1 second
longerto start the engine..."

Thomas