Re: Massive table (500M rows) update nightmare - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Carlo Stonebanks
Subject Re: Massive table (500M rows) update nightmare
Date
List pgsql-performance
Guys, I want to thank you for all of the advice - my client has just made a
surprise announcement that he would like to set start from scratch with a
new server, so I am afraid that all of this great advice has to be seen in
the context of whatever decision is made on that. I am out there,
hat-in-hand, looking for advice under the PERFORM post: "New server to
improve performance on our large and  busy DB - advice?"

Thanks again!

Carlo