Installation problems on windows - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Chris Timm
Subject Installation problems on windows
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hello,
I am very new to Postgresql and I am just trying to install it today for the
firsttime. I would like to have a play with it to see what it is all about.

I am using the Win32 platform, I have installed it from an EXE file I found on
one of the mirror sites. It all seems to install fine, however it would appear
that the service does not start up, wne i click start, it starts and then
stops immediately. WHat could the problem be. ?

Further to this, I would like to know if there are any GUI;s for Windows which
can be used with Postgresql

Thansk
Chris