Updating from 8.2 to 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Morgan Lloyd
Subject Updating from 8.2 to 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general
I was hoping to finally get the servers updated from 8.2 to 8.4 over the
festive season, but by now I think I've left things too tight.

Is it necessary to update the (Windows) ODBC driver as well? I've got a
couple of app servers still on NT4 with ODBC 8.02.0100 which I'm trying
to be careful with lest I put something on them which requires a later
OS and can't back out.

The apps are written in a rather old version of Delphi with BDE which is
fine with 8.2. Trying to run against 8.4 I get "Couldn't perform the
edit because another user changed the record."- looking back through
this and other MLs I see suggestion that this could be caused by an
excessive number of decimal places in the data (current case only
contains integers, timestamps and text) or possibly by a transaction
isolation issue.

I'll carry on hacking at this from the app side but is there anything
obvious that I've missed?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk