Re: apply text mask - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: apply text mask
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/10/2009 4:52 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
> I need to apply arbitrary masking to a string (think displaying a phone
> number).
>
> I searched around but didnt find anything and wondered if there was such
> a thing.
<SNIP>

Sorry, I should have also mentioned, I'm not using a numeric field.  Its
a string field.  And its not a phone number, its a parcel number (which
can contain letters) (I thought phone would be a more common example).
Every county has a different parcel number length and mask.

-Andy