Re: Windows installer for pg-8.4 confusion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stuart McGraw
Subject Re: Windows installer for pg-8.4 confusion
Date
List pgsql-general
Andreas Wenk wrote:
> Stuart McGraw schrieb:
>> First, thanks to everyone who contributed
>> to 8.4 -- the new features list looks great!
>>
>> In the past I have always installed the
>> Windows binary installer from postgresql.org.
>> For pg-8.4 I see that the download directory
>> now has a pointer to the EnterpriseDB "one
>> click" installer.
>>
>> Has the EnterpriseDB installer now become the
>> "official" Windows distribution?  Or will the
>> standard pginstaller appear some time in the
>> future?
>
> Hi,
>
> having a look at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.4rc1/win32/

Thanks, it did. :-)
For future mail list searchers, it says,

"As of PostgreSQL 8.4, the MSI installer is no
longer being maintained.  Please use the one-click
installer instead, which may be downloaded from [...]"

[aside to the postgresql.org maintainers: Perhaps
the readme in the v8.4.0/win32/ directory should
also include that statement?]