Re: Postgres: Starting Server in background mode - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Postgres: Starting Server in background mode
Date
List pgsql-general
CM J, 09.04.2009 13:23:
>      I do not want start postgres as a service.Postgres will bundled
> along with my application and i am only looking at starting it only from
> cmd line.If there are any options to disable this cmd window which
> appears after executing the "pg_ctl.exe start", that would be great !
>
> Thanks.
If you are running this from a batch file, try

start pg_ctl ....

That might get rid of the window (you'll still have the initial Window that is shown when you run the batch file, but
thatis then closed)

Thomas