A bit confused about Postgres Plus - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Date
Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

as the Enterprise DB distribution ("One Click Installer") seems to be the recommendation from the Postgres team for a
binarydownload, I wonder what the exact difference between Postgres and Postgres Plus is.

I can't find a direct comparison ("feature matrix") of the three EnterpriseDB offerings on their website. When I click
onthe Postgres Plus documentation, there is a link to an "Oracle Compatibility Guide" which even includes references to
theimplementation of the CONNECT BY operator and a PL/SQL compatible language.

Does this mean, these features are available in the Postgres Plus package, or is it still only available in the
AdvancedServer?

I also find the Pricing overview page a bit confusing. The "Support Limitations" show "Non-Production Applications
only"for Postgres and Postgres Plus. I assume this limitation only refers to the support subscription but not to the
usageof those products, right?

Regards
Thomas