Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool) - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Csaba Együd
Subject Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool)
Date
List pgadmin-support
""Willy-Bas Loos"" <willybas@gmail.com> a következoket írta üzenetében
Only, it's too bad that you can't update the records from the "view data"
dialog.
It works in access2000, it doesn't know the difference between views and
tables (the difference is actually very small).
You probably get some annoying error when you try to edit a normal select
view from access, though.

I guess pg_admin assumes that views cannot be edited, which is incorrect in
this case.
Maybe this is something that could be enhanced in a future release?

oh, i see i forgot:
revoke all on view_firm1 from amy;
revoke all on view_firm1 from firm2;
revoke all on view_firm2 from john;
revoke all on view_firm2 from firm1;

Cheers,
WBL

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all others
because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw

Guys, you are great! Thank you!

View data: Yes I thought the same - maybe pgAdmin treats views as read only
by default.
BTW, I use Access only to visualize database structure (manually). If I knew
a product which can reverse engineering postgres database along with
constraints and other object and can visualize them I would use that instead
and would forget Access...

Many thanks!

-- Csaba