Re: indices - used by which user ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Manfred Koizar
Subject Re: indices - used by which user ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 8 May 2003 09:20:31 +0200 (CEST), <g.hintermayer@inode.at>
wrote:
>So that's a factor of about 10 faster, only by changing the user, very
>strange.

Very, very strange!  Compare the outputs of SHOW ALL for both cases.
If there are any differences, please inform us.

>         ->  Seq Scan on produkt  (cost=0.00..2417.41 rows=2141 width=40)
>                                  (actual time=0.02..27.12 rows=2141 loops=1)

Unless I'm missing something, your produkt table has more pages than
tuples.  VACUUM FULL should reduce its size to ca. 22 pages.

Servus
 Manfred