Re: Shopping cart - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Shopping cart
Date
List pgsql-general
Ivan,

Thank you.

> I'm writing one especially based on postgresql but I'm still busy
> with the current client to put the source in such a shape that could
> be publicly published.

What language are you using ?

> The ones I'm aware of are Zen Cart, OSCommerce, Ubercart and
> Ecommerce (last 2 for drupal).
> I think they *may* work with postgresql as well.

I studied their webpages.

1. Zen Cart - GPL license, php, mysql
Seems to have lot of modules and users. Fresh updates.
Installation manual in their web site wrote that it is for MySql only.
Site search for PostgreSQL returns no results.

2. OSCommerce - GPL license, php, mysql. Last change in Jan
2008, 2 releases per year.

Search for Postgres/PostgreSQL in doc does not return results.

3. Ubercart + Drupal  GPL license. Drupal developers accept patches for
PostgreSQL but do not support it.
Ubercart seems to be developed by single company which migrated from
OSCommerce. Fresh updates.
Forums contain some messageas about Ubercart usege with PostgreSQL.

4. Ecommerce   http://www.drupalecommerce.org/
Site contains few information, most pages redirect to drupal page.
Last update was 30 May
Seems to be incomplete and not finished.

So the only way is to use Ubercart + Drupal, right ?

> I think that anyway most of the popular prepackaged solutions don't
> support transactions in the DB.

Probably I do'nt need transactions.

Andrus.