Re: how to clean up temporary schemas (how to sync the system table with pg_dump) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Fu
Subject Re: how to clean up temporary schemas (how to sync the system table with pg_dump)
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Gary Fu <gfu@saicmodis.com> writes:
>> My question now is why those temporary schemas won't be cleaned
>> after I restart the db ?
>
> Just leave them alone and you'll be fine.  These tools actually have
> had most of the bugs worked out of them ;-) ... if you think pg_dump is
> omitting something, you are probably mistaken.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks for the response.  Yes, normally it will be okay.  However, when
I tried PgAdmin with Pgpool, it will cause problem.  The PgAdmin will
try to access pg_namespace when making a connection to a db, if the
temporary schemas are different between the backend db servers,
the pgpool will return mismatch error and fail the PgAdmin connection.

Thanks,
Gary