Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 15:07, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 14:02 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> There has been some discussion of making a project policy of dropping
>>> support for old releases after five years.  Should we consider formally
>>> instituting that?
>> Perhaps we should ask for volunteers to maintain that branch? ...
>
> +1 to see if anyone else wants to take over management of the branch. I also
> think we should be a bit more generous on the EOL notice.

One thing that could soften the blow is if the EOL notice mentions
which commercial organizations will provide paid support for longer
than the community does.

I assume that's one of the benefits of going with the commercial
support organizations?