Re: Logging on without prompt for password - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rossi, Maria
Subject Re: Logging on without prompt for password
Date
List pgsql-admin

Hi,

We will  try the .pgpass file at the user’s home directory, using *.* for port  as suggested by Scott Mead.    This way I don’t  have to worry about setting the  PGPASSWORD env var for the user.

I still need to create a role for the user, correct?  It needs admin to be able to rung pg_dumpall.

Thanks everyone.

Maria A Rossi

Database Administration

PGDS (US)