Re: meaning of backend exit code 2? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeffrey Baker
Subject Re: meaning of backend exit code 2?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Jeffrey Baker" <jwbaker@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a need to find out the meaning of a backend exiting unexpectedly with
> exit code 2.  Leafing through the source of 8.1 I can't really find it.

But are you running 8.1?  In 8.2 and up this is the expected result from
SIGQUIT.

Yes, I'm running 8.1.9.  I have a strong suspicion that the exit is coming either from R via pl/R or from perl via pl/perl.  From my reading of the code, expected backend exit codes are 1, 0, and -1 mainly?

-jwb