Thanks for the tips - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ghoffman@ucsd.edu (Gary Hoffman)
Subject Thanks for the tips
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce,
Thanks for the tips. I also changed configure to install without Perl.
Anyway, it "gmade" and installed well. I tried running postmaster in
interactive mode and it seems to hang, but it runs well in daemon mode, so
I'm happy. I look forward to 6.5.
Again, thanks for your help. Your tips were right on for me.
Cheers,
Gary

I wrote:

>> Following up on my compile problem, I've read the list archives for
>great
>> clues and had a good reply from Bruce to last night's query. (I hope
>> someone turns these hints into an FAQ for BSDi users.)
>>
>> I've overcome the flex problem by renaming lex and then making a link
>lex
>> -> flex.
>> I also installed bison 1.27 and renamed yacc, making a link yacc ->
>bison
>>
>> Now when I run 'gmake all', I get the following error:

* Gary B. Hoffman, Computing Services Manager  e-mail: ghoffman@ucsd.edu *
* Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies (IR/PS) *
* University of California, San Diego (UCSD)       voice: (619) 534-1989 *
* 9500 Gilman Dr., La Jolla, CA 92093-0519 USA       fax: (619) 534-3939 *