Re: EPEL and PowerTools to instructions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: EPEL and PowerTools to instructions
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

[Adding Dave]

On Tue, 2020-11-03 at 11:05 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> For a number of packages in the PostgreSQL yum repository, one needs
> to enable EPEL to make them work, and sometimes also PowerTools.

Right, PostGIS needs PowerTools on RHEL 8.

> This information is currently only available as archived news on
> the yum website, AFAICT.
>
> We should somehow work this into the download instructions I think.

EDB recently did similar work here:

https://repos.enterprisedb.com/

Dave, any chance we can do something like this for the community repo
as well?

Cheers,

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment