Re: 8.4 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Dale
Subject Re: 8.4 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-general
Have a look under the following URL:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/rpmchart.php

You should be able to download the latest 8.4 Devel version in rpm format.

Cheers,

Andy

2008/10/8 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:27 PM, admin <mick@mjhall.org> wrote:
Sorry if this is the wrong list, I'm not totally up with the PG ecosystem.

I'm looking for RHEL/CentOS RPMs for version 8.4 for testing purposes (with Drupal). I can find an RPM to install a yum repo at yum.pgsqlrpms.org, but not the RPMs themselves. The yum repo is not much use to me as the machine I want to install on is not connected to the net.

www.postgresql.org/ftp has 8.3 RPMs, but no 8.4. I know the 8.4 RPMs must exist somewhere if they're in the pgsqlrpms repo, but where?

8.4 wasn't released yet,and as such - won't be available as RPMs.
You should rather try to compile it from scratch yourself. Remember also, that between updates of cvs version of postgres, you have to do dump and restore ALWAYS.

--
GJ

--
GJ