Re: pgpool2 vs sequoia - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Dale
Subject Re: pgpool2 vs sequoia
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have some experience with HA-JDBC and on the whole it is pretty good (very easy to setup), with it's only sight weakness being it synchronisation (renders the DB read only) but this is to be improved in the future.   I have tried to setup sequioa but it is pretty complex (and more heavyweight than ha-jdbc), and i never quite managed to get it working exactly as i wanted it to.

Cheers,

Andy

On 02/08/07, mljv@planwerk6.de <mljv@planwerk6.de> wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 12:04 schrieb Andy Dale:
> Hi,
>
> You might also want to check out HA-JDBC at http://ha-jdbc.sourceforge.net

thanks for this suggestion, so i have three options to choose from:

- pgpool2
- sequoia
- ha-jdbc

Can someone share his experience on these?

kind regards
janning

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq