Re: PostgreSQL contra Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: PostgreSQL contra Oracle
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Kaare,

2005/11/1, Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk>:
> Log miner. A tool that walks the Undo logs an returns statements to update
> with old data. Could be useful for recovering specific table data, Data
> Mining etc.
> In the PostgreSQL world, it couldn't be dificult to do the same with WAL,
> or?

This is very interesting for me.
MySQL's binary log can be used to replicate modifications on the master node.
I think human readable log is important.

> Fine Grain Audit. Some rules based autit mechanism where you can log e.g.
> all access to specific data.

There is no doubt that the audit and security facilities are now top priority
for DBMSes.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@snaga.org>