Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Konstantin Knizhnik
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 29.05.2017 20:21, Christoph Berg wrote:

> I think the term you were looking for is "projection".
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projection_(set_theory)

I have already renamed parameter from "surjective" to "injective".
But I am ok to do do one more renaming to "projection" if it will be
considered as better alternative.From my point of view, "projection" seems to be clearer for people
without mathematical background,
but IMHO this term is overloaded in DBMS context. The irony is that in
Wikipedia "projection" is explained using "surjection" term:)

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company