Re: pg_dump shared locks documentation - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Florin Irion
Subject Re: pg_dump shared locks documentation
Date
List pgsql-docs

On 15/03/22 16:55, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This might be a bit excessive to have in the main text.  What about
>> adding a footnote to point out the exact lock level that is meant, with
>> a link to the server doc page that explains each lock level?
>
> I dunno how well <footnote> will render in man-page format.
> How about just inserting a parenthetical remark at the first usage?
>
> ... leader process requests shared locks (ACCESS SHARE) on the ...
>
> Possibly we could make the "ACCESS SHARE" be a <link> without causing
> problems in man format.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Makes sense.
I tried the footnote and in fact, it doesn't render well in the man page. It just adds a blank line(at least how I
triedit).

So, I made the link to ACCESS SHARE, pointing to section 13.3.1. "Table-Level Locks" , was this what you had in mind?

V2 attached.

Thank you for looking into this.
Florin Irion
Attachment