Re: Need of maintaining unsupported release notes in HEAD? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Need of maintaining unsupported release notes in HEAD?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/21/18 2:51 AM, Haribabu Kommi wrote:> Attached patch removes all
the older release notes sgml files from HEAD.
> And also going forward, how about removing one major version file
> whenever that is unsupported from HEAD?
>
> comments?

I have found these old notes useful multiple times in the past,
especially when dealing with no longer supported versions of PostgreSQL
or just to quickly check when some feature was first introduced. And
removing them from the current master would make them a bit harder to
navigate for a, in my opinion, tiny gain in reduced maintenance burden.

Andreas