PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 support in Windows 2016 Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 support in Windows 2016 Server
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

We are using PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 in our application. We are planning to
deploy our application in Windows 2016 Server.
Can you please that PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 supports in Windows 2016 Server
or not?

As per below URL Windows 2016 is not listed against 9.6
https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

Thanks & Regards

Yadu Mani Kar

We are using PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 in our application. We are planning to
deploy our application in Windows 2016 Server.
Can you please that PostgreSQL Version 9.6.1 supports in Windows 2016 Server
or not?

As per below URL Windows 2016 is not listed against 9.6
https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

​This isn't a bug report.  pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org is the more (but maybe not best) place to post this question.

Note that 9.6.1 is itself an unsupported version of PostgreSQL - on any platform.  9.6.9 is the current supported patch in the 9.6 release.

That said, its probably safe to assume that it will work.  The lack of actual testing is a resource allocation trade-off.

Dave

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.