Re: Need some assistance please - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: Need some assistance please
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Thu, 2020-09-10 at 21:28 +0000, Josserand, Jesse F (NE) wrote:

> 1.       May I get specific instructions on how to do the appropriate
> yum repo update for postgresql as described at a high level on this
> page: https://yum.postgresql.org/news/new-repo-rpms-released/. I'm
> running on both CentOS 7.8 and RHEL 7.8 in my 2 main environments.

yum update pgdg-redhat* will do the trick for you.

> 2.       I want to convert to 'dnf' from 'yum' and could use a 1, 2,
> 3-style write-up of that procedure.

Why do you want to move to dnf? It works on RHEL 7, but it's more for
RHEL 8.

> 3.       Finally, and this is most important of all... my instances
> of PostgreSQL were at 10.10 when I got here. I have taken them from
> there through 10.11, 10.12, 10.13, and now 10.14 successfully.
> However, I just discovered that the DBA/Sysadmin before me did not
> correctly migrate nor update PostGIS when going from some version of
> 9.x.x to 10.10 before I took over. I have discovered the existence of
> PostGIS 2.5 in 2 databases out of all the databases in my instance of
> PostgreSQL 10.14. What do I need to do, if anything, to ensure they
> are up-to-date and useable? Please provide a detailed step-by-step.
> Thanks in advance!

Please send this question to PostGIS list.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment