Re: Development Plans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Hoffmann
Subject Re: Development Plans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Feb 25, 2005, at 10:36 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew@zeut.net> writes:
>> Are there any big projects are people
>> working on to get into 8.1?
>
> I'm privately hoping to get bitmap index operations into 8.1 (that is,
> build a bitmap of tuple locations from an index, possibly AND or OR the
> results of multiple indexes, and finally visit the heap in CTID order).
> This is not as big as say the Windows port, but it's easily a solid
> month or two of effort.

I'd be very excited to see this implemented so I'm happy someone so
high-profile seems to be interested in it getting done.  Were you
planning on doing it yourself or are there people you know who are
actively working on it?  When you say "hoping" is that "probably, but
no guarantees" or is it more "it'd be nice if someone took the lead on
this"?  I'm not offering, I don't think I'd be capable of doing it, but
I'd certainly be interested in following the development and helping
with testing.

--
Jeff Hoffmann
jeff@propertykey.com