Re: authentication fail - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michael Eschweiler
Subject Re: authentication fail
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

Am 02.02.21 um 05:37 schrieb Khushboo Vashi:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 2:55 AM Michael Eschweiler
> <michael.eschweiler@web.de <mailto:michael.eschweiler@web.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Am 01.02.21 um 05:50 schrieb Khushboo Vashi:
>
>     >
>     > Looks like you are running pgAdmin 4 version 4.1 and the latest
>     version
>     > is 4.30. Please upgrade the pgAdmin to the latest and your issue
>     will be
>     > resolved.
>
>     Seems that I must be VERY patient. I am working with opensuse Leap 15.2.
>     The version of paAdmin4 which comes with the distro is this version
>     (4.1).  Even the rolling release distro (Tumbleweed) only offers the
>     version 4.29.
>     At:
>     https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4
>     <https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin/pgadmin4>
>     I found the rpm-Package für Red Hat and Fedora. Do you have any
>     information if this works on opensuse too?
>
> We do not support OpenSuse. As an alternative, you can use other
> distributions from https://www.pgadmin.org/download/
> <https://www.pgadmin.org/download/>  like Python package or Docker
> Container.

Thanks for the hints. I would like to try with the docker container.
Therefore I installed docker and started docker daemon.
Perhaps I am too simple-hearted: I than copied the command indicated at
the web site: docker pull dpage/pgadmin4
I got the message 'Got permission denied while trying to connect to the
Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Post
"http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.40/images/create?fromImage=dpage%2Fpgadmin4&tag=latest":
dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied'
Do I have to register or do something else?

Thx in advance,
Michael