Re: pgsql: process startup: Remove bootstrap / checker modes from AuxProcTy - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql: process startup: Remove bootstrap / checker modes from AuxProcTy
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 05.08.21 21:26, Andres Freund wrote:
> process startup: Remove bootstrap / checker modes from AuxProcType.
>
> Neither is actually initialized as an auxiliary process, so it does not really
> make sense to reserve a PGPROC etc for them.
>
> This keeps checker mode implemented by exiting partway through bootstrap
> mode. That might be worth changing at some point, perhaps if we ever extend
> checker mode to be a more general tool.

I don't know if this was the original commit that added the --check
option or was just refactoring around it, but:

I don't see any mention of the --check option in the postgres man page.
That should be added.