RAID 10 or RAID 10 + RAID 1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Ben-Nes
Subject RAID 10 or RAID 10 + RAID 1
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello,

I need to setup a web server with PostgreSQL. The heaviest application will be product comparisons engine that will analyze 5-10 Million products.

I have 6 SAS 15K disks, how should I set them up:

RAID 10 on all 6 disks ( OS + Apache + PostgreSQL )
RAID 1 on 2 disks ( OS + Apache ) + RAID 10 on 4 disks ( PostgreSQL )

What is the recommended stripe size ( The computer is Dell PowerEdge 2950 )

Thanks,
Miki

Michael Ben-Nes - Internet Consultant and  Director.
http://www.epoch.co.il - weaving the Net.
Cellular: 054-4848113