Re: [GENERAL] Redo the filenode link in tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Redo the filenode link in tablespace
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/07/2017 06:05 PM, tel medola wrote:
> Holy shit! (sorry)....
>
> Thanks, thanks!!!
>
> It worked!
>
> My goodness!!!!
> After I point to the filnode, I did a reindex on the toast and some
> records have already been located.

Great, glad that it worked. Just realize we have been modifying a system
catalog(pg_class) directly, which is generally a dangerous thing to do.
I would take a backup of the table and data via pg_dump to be on the
safe side. This assumes you have the space to store it, though the
backup when compressed should be a good deal smaller then the actual
table size. You might also think about moving the tables to a new
tablespace to get a clean tablespace directory. Again this assumes space
available.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com