Re: inconsistency in aliasing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Emanuel Calvo Franco
Subject Re: inconsistency in aliasing
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/1/14 Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org>:
>        Lennin Caro wrote:
>
>> select score,score+1 as score2 from (
>> select current_timestamp::abstime::int4 as score)
>> order by score2
>
> That additional score2 is not needed in the select output.
>
> This works just fine:
>
> => select score from (select current_timestamp::abstime::int4 as score)
> subsel order by score+1;

I'm been watching that the string name of order by with operator just work fine
if the column name is in the select clause. But if you use alias this
not work...

I'm don't believe is a bug, is a string name question. You can't add 1
to an alias,
but you can add 1 to a field... but the results is the same