Re: Performance of jobs - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From samantha mahindrakar
Subject Re: Performance of jobs
Date
List pgsql-performance
Windows 2003 Server SP2
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
3.75 Gb RAM
System Drive 33.8 Gb
Data drive 956 Gb
PostgreSQL 8.2.6
PERC RAID 10 I believe SCSI disks

On 7/22/08, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
samantha mahindrakar wrote:
I am facing performance issues with running scheduled jobs. There are multiple jobs running on the database ...not necessarily acting on the same table. Either ways i checked if there was a locking issue, I did not find any conflicting issues. The program is run over night ......when i check the log files i saw that it runs slow when other loaders are running.Is there any way i can improve the performance?Can someone help me understand how to debug this bottle neck?

What is your hardware? OS? OS version? PostgreSQL version? Number of disks, disk type, disk/RAID controller, RAID/LVM configuration, ...

--
Craig Ringer