Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Asking for existence of a GUI frame work similar to Oracle APEX for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/21/22 10:25 AM, Dionisis Kontominas wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
>     Thank you for your response. Regarding the details:
>
>  1. I have no experience managing; I know some basic introductory
>     administrator things. Only point I think is important is to consider
>     a server version of Linux and nt a desktop one, i.e. something like
>     Ubuntu Server or Redhat Server or other.

Folks with more experience using both would have to comment in detail on
that. My comments would be, I have used openSUSE and Ubuntu(Server) for
small installations with no issues either way. I do like the ability to
jump from LTS(Long Term Support) to LTS version in Ubuntu, bypassing all
the intermediate releases.

>  2. OLTP applications. Up to 10 - 50 GB database size. The user
>     interface is Web-based, currently using Oracle APEX, Tomcat+ORDS and
>     Oracle Database as a back-end.

Are you looking to retain the Tomcat+ORDS portion of the stack?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com