Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Goodson
Subject Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2
Date
In response to Re: [GENERAL] EnterpriseDB installed PostgreSQL 9.6 vs. REPMGR. Round4 - compilation issues on RHEL 7.2  (Martin Goodson <kaemaril@googlemail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 16/05/2017 16:39, Martin Goodson wrote:
> On 16/05/2017 15:58, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>> /bin/ld: warning: libssl.so.1.0.0, needed by
>>> /db_demo/app/postgres/9.6.2-3/lib/libpq.so, may conflict with
>>> libssl.so.10
>>> /lib64/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: undefined reference to `ber_sockbuf_io_udp'
>>> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make: *** [repmgrd] Error 1
>> Not sure what is going on here. My usual reaction to a message like
>> this when compiling is to install the --devel package for the library
>> involved. In this case I believe it would be something like:
>>
>> openldap2-devel
>
> OK, thank you. I'll pass that along to our UNIX team and ask for that
> to be installed, see what we get ...
>

>> This is just an off the top of the head suggestion, no warranty:)
> What? You mean I can't get my money back? :)
>
> Many thanks for all the help so far. It's been very, very, helpful.
> I'm sure it's nearly there ...

Drat. Didn't work. openldap2-devel was installed OK, reran the make, got
the same error :(

Here's what's installed according to rpm -qa

openldap-devel-2.4.40-9.e17_2.x86_64
openldap-2.4.40.9.e17_2.x86_64

Regards,

Martin.
--
Martin Goodson

"Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?"
"Yes, Jamie, I believe I have."
"What're you going to do?"
"Bung a rock at it."