Re: install psql 7.1.3 - rh6.2 - libreadline.so.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ernesto E. Gutierrez
Subject Re: install psql 7.1.3 - rh6.2 - libreadline.so.4
Date
List pgsql-general
J,

I don't have a specific solution to your problem, and I've never dealt with
your situation before. But, I can direct you to an RPM which is for
libreadline.so.4.

Hope that helps. All the best.

Ernesto Gutierrez
Walnut Creek, California

http://at.rpmfind.net/opsys/linux/RPM/PLD-1.0/i386/readline-4.2a-4.i386.html

"Weh8spam" <weh8spam@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>    I need Help installing.
>
> I'm trying to install PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on RedHat 6.2
> The PostgreSQLRH 6.2 RPMs asks for libreadline.so.4
> I can't find  a libreadline.so.4 RPM for HR6.2, only  libreadline.so.2x
>
> So next I try postgresql-7.1.3.tar.gz
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install
>   etc.
>
> and it works except when trying to run from the cmd line I get:
> /usr/bin/psql: error in loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.4:
> createuser: creation of user "jtest" failed
>
> So, either
> 1) please just tell me where the libreadline.so.4 RPM is for RH6.2
> 2) where is libreadline.so.4 for RH6.2 source code is.
>    or
> 3) how can I tell ./configure NOT to be fooled by a bogus
libreadline.so.4