Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Brian E Gallew
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Then <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> spoke up and said:
> imho it will be extremely difficult to find an ORB which could be
> injected directly into the Postgres server. It would likely reduce the
> number of platforms Postgres runs on, and would not be considered
> acceptable.

On the other hand, this is where the power of configure comes into
play.  Assuming we have servers for multiple ORBs, configure can look
to see what's installed (TAO, Orbit, whatever) and then build only
that server.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia.      |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance??    |
| Finger geek@cmu.edu for my public key.                            |