Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brian E Gallew
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CORBA STATUS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Then <scrappy@hub.org> spoke up and said:
> ACtually, I believe Thomas was referring to those platforms that we
> currently support that have no ORBs available to them...being a "purely C"
> server so far, how many of our currently supported platforms are we going
> to cut off with this?

But that's just it: we're not cutting anybody off.  We may not have a
CORBA server available for that platform, but the standard server will
continue to work quite nicely.  I guess that I'm looking at this more
as contrib code than as mainstream, required functionality.  Besides,
once the CORBA server is built on a platform that can support it,
clients can run from (basically) anywhere.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia.      |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance??    |
| Finger geek@cmu.edu for my public key.                            |