Re: clone_schema function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: clone_schema function
Date
Re: clone_schema function
List pgsql-general
    Melvin Davidson wrote:

> "seriously flawed" is a bit of a stretch. Most sane developers would not
> have schema names of one letter.
> They usually name a schema something practical, which totally avoids your
> nit picky exception.

That's confusing the example with the problem it shows.

Another example could be:
if the source schema is "public" and the function body contains
   GRANT SELECT on sometable to public;
then this statement would be wrongly altered by replace().

My objection is not about some corner case: it's the general
idea of patching the entire body of a function without a fully-fledged
parser that is dead on arrival.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité