Re: lz4 --rm on Ubuntu 18.04 (Add LZ4 compression to pg_dump) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: lz4 --rm on Ubuntu 18.04 (Add LZ4 compression to pg_dump)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/14/23 11:34, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Tomas Vondra
>> and I don't think there's a good place to inject the 'rm' so I ended up
>> adding a 'cleanup_cmd' right after 'compress_cmd'. But it seems a bit
>> strange / hacky. Maybe there's a better way?
>
> Does the file need to be removed at all? Could we leave it there and
> have "make clean" remove it?

I don't think that'd work, because of the automatic "discovery" where we
check if a file exists, and if not we try to append .gz and .lz4. So if
you leave the .toc, we'd not find the .lz4, making the test useless ...

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company