Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark" - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"
Date
Re: Opteron vs. Xeon "benchmark"
List pgsql-performance
A colleague pointed me to this site tomorrow:

http://tweakers.net/reviews/642/13

I can't read the language, so can't get a grip on what exactly the
"benchmark" was about.

Their diagrams show `Request per seconds'. What should that mean? How
many connections PG accepted per second? So they measured the OS fork
performance? Should that value be of any interrest? Anyone with heavy
OLTP workload will use persistent connections or a connection pool in front.

Do they mean TPS? That woulnd't make much sense in a CPU benchmark, as
OLTP workload is typically limited by the disc subsystem.

Can someone enlighten me what this site is about?

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath