Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
Code of Conduct plan  (Stephen Cook <sclists@gmail.com>)
Code of Conduct plan  (Stephen Cook <sclists@gmail.com>)
Re: Code of Conduct plan  (Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com>)
List pgsql-general

On 15/09/18 08:17, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, this.  The PG community is mostly nice people, AFAICT.  I'll be
> astonished (and worried) if the CoC committee finds much to do.  We're
> implementing this mostly to make newcomers to the project feel that
> it's a safe space.

Agreed. However I think the all-of-life clause gives an open door to
potential less than well intentioned new members joining up to extend a
SJW agenda. So in fact the unintended consequence of this may be a
*less* safe place for some existing members - unless all of their social
media utterances are agreeable to the angry militant left.

> It's also worth reminding people that this is v1.0 of the CoC document.
> We plan to revisit it in a year or so, and thereafter as needed, to
> improve anything that's causing problems or not working well.

+1, At least this means we can address the above if it emerges as a problem

regards
Mark