Re: PostgreSQL overall design - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gnanavel S
Subject Re: PostgreSQL overall design
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 9/27/05, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

[ -performance removed ]

Gnanavel S wrote:

>  Need a clarification in copydir.c file of src/port directory,  In the
> following snippet the destination directory is created first then the
> source directory is read. Suppose if I don't have permission to read
> the source, even then the destination directory would be created.
> I just want to know whether there is any reason for doing so?

Under what circumstances do you imagine this will happen, since the
postmaster user owns all the files and directories?

Understood. But can you explain why it is done in that way as what I said seems to be standard way of doing it (correct me if I'm wrong).

--
with regards,
S.Gnanavel