Re: Having query cache in core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hartmut Holzgraefe
Subject Re: Having query cache in core
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11.05.2018 18:01, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Plus checking username is neccessary (otherwise any user could
> retrieve a cache for a table lookup which is not permitted by other
> users).

as the tables a cached query operated on is known anyway -- it's needed
to purge cache entries when table content changes -- schema and table
level SELECT privileges can be checked ... I'm not fully sure about
how MySQL handles its column level privileges in that respect, something
I'd need to try out ...

--
hartmut